Like most Boston residents, I’m still wrapping my head around the attacks on the Boston Marathon this past Monday. At this moment, I’m home from work because the city has been shut down while the authorities hunt down one of the suspects.
Tuesday, the day after the attacks, I went to work, and afterwards had practice with the new band I’m playing with. We spoke before hand and agreed that having practice was the right thing to do. Feeling normal is important. All cliches aside, music also heals. Sure enough, practice felt good. We even took a few moments to debrief the events of the previous day. It made sense. Coincidentally, it was a great practice and we finally felt like we were at a point where we could perform a few of the songs out. We’re close to having a full set and a name (no, we don’t yet have a name). (more…)
The good folks over at Monumental Tracks were kind enough to include us in episode 4 of their podcast series.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 10, 2010
In this episode I interview Dusty from Rude City Riot. We chat about how they got started, the album they’ll be recording soon, and their plans for 2010. This is also the first Enhanced version of the podcast with chapters, artwork, and links.
- The Valuables – Feel That Rhythm
- The Sandwiches – I Got “Band” from Punknews.org
- Ruder Than You – Give the People What They Need
- Rude City Riot – Don’t Go Away
- Kill Lincoln – Get Fucked 4 Eyes
- Red Team Blue Team – Glass Mountain
- Rude City Riot – Victoria
- Hey Stranger – Waited Out the Day
- Kudrow – Blink-182 Reunion
- Rude City Riot – 25 Years
- Captain, We’re Sinking – Crushed By Milwaukee’s Best
- The Slackers – Every Day Is Sunday
- Banner Pilot – Skeleton Key
- Dear Landlord – Last Time I Checked